Our tip
Why visit
The Stations of the Cross on Calvary and the marked walking circuits are among the closest trips from the apartment. The route can be adapted to the children's age and combined with a short walk through town.
The pilgrimage site on Křížový vrch was begun in 1728 by stocking maker Johann Franz Richter. Masonry chapels depicting the Passion of Jesus were gradually built along the path. Following restoration after 1991, fourteen Stations of the Cross now line the linden avenue.
The connecting loop around Zelený vrch passes a forest theatre built by Cvikov's amateur theatre company in a former sandstone quarry in 1920. A room carved into the rock, a short passage and remains of the auditorium have survived.
Along the way, stop at the wooden Švýcárna pavilion overlooking the Česká Lípa countryside and at the Schiller viewpoint, with views of Luž, Hvozd and Jezevčí vrch. The loop closes at the Pod lesním divadlem junction.